Terms and Conditions
RENTER(S) UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. IDENTIFICATION: For the purpose of This Agreement, the site address shall be referred to as “the Property”; and owners of the property shall be referred to as “Property Owner.”
2. AGENCY: PLRS has a contractual relationship with the Property Owner and represents the interests of the Property Owner. PLRS is the agent of the Property Owner and as such, has the authority to enter into This Agreement on behalf of the Property Owner.
3. RULES, REGULATIONS, and POLICIES: By signing This Agreement, the Renter(s) certifies that the Renter(s) has read, understands, and will abide by all rules, policies, and regulations of the Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort regarding the Property referenced in This Agreement. The Renter(s) agrees to vacate the Property upon demand for any violation of any of these rules, policies, and regulations.
4. MANDATORY EVACUATIONS: If state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of any area that includes the Property, the Renter(s) shall comply with the order and evacuate the Property upon being notified and return all keys for the Property to PLRS. Furthermore, the Renter(s) agrees not to return to the Property after the mandatory evacuation order has been lifted without consent from PLRS. Please note that the Renter(s) will not be entitled to a refund from PLRS.
5. ADVANCE PAYMENT: The Renter(s) agrees to pay in advance. This Agreement must be completed and returned to PLRS and advance payment must be received in order to complete the reservation. Advance payment will include 25% of the total amount. Remaining balance, if any, will be charged to your card 14 days prior to arrival. All payments must be made via credit card/debit or check.
6. SALES TAX/PROCESSING FEE: All payments will include applicable Florida and Collier County Sales Tax.
7. TRANSFERS: All transfers of one property to another property or transfer of one week to another week will be treated as a cancellation.
8. CANCELLATION: Strict policy of NO REFUND when cancelling within 14 days of the reservation date.
When cancelling prior to 14 days of your reservation date, you will receive a 50% refund of the booking deposit.
9. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS: The Renter(s) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PLRS and the Property Owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including the Renter’s guests or visitors) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the gross negligence or willful act of PLRS or the Property Owner.
10. RIGHT OF ENTRY: The Renter(s) agrees that PLRS, the Property Owner, or their representative may enter the Property during reasonable hours to inspect the Property, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as PLRS or the Property Owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Property to prospective purchasers or Renters. Furthermore, the Agent reserves the right to enter the Property at any time to inspect for suspected unlawful parties.
11. ASSIGNMENT: The Renter(s) shall not assign This Agreement or sublet the Property in whole or part.
12. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum occupancy of the Property is six (6) persons. If the occupancy exceeds the maximum occupancy of the Property, an additional rate of $20 per person, per night will be charged to your credit card.
14. CHECK-IN; CHECK-OUT: Check-in time will be from 1:00p.m. - 6:30p.m. Check-out time is 11:00a.m.
Renter agrees to return all keys to PLRS. Furthermore, the Renter agrees not to park on the Property or occupy any portion of the Property prior to check-in time or after check-out time. Cleaners, inspectors, service and repair companies, and PLRS may not be able to perform their services if this provision is not followed. Any additional charges from such companies resulting from a violation of this paragraph will be the responsibility of the Renter(s). PLRS reserves the right to delay check-in time for cleaning and repair services.
15. DISCOUNTS/REFUNDS: PLRS works hard to ensure the property is safe, comfortable, and enjoyable. No refunds or discounts will be made for inclement weather, mechanical breakdowns, or other nuisances beyond our control. Examples of these which DO NOT warrant any refund, discount, or change to another property, etc. include but are not limited to: breakdown of air conditioners, TV/Sat/DVD/Internet, electronics or appliances, construction in the area, disruption of utility services, problems which have not yet been reported to agent, bad weather, or noisy neighbors. The Renter(s) agrees to report any and all problems to PLRS immediately. PLRS agrees to make every effort to resolve any issue as quickly as possible.
16. RENTER DUTIES: The Renter(s) agrees to maintain the Property in accordance with applicable law. Furthermore, the Renter(s) agrees to 1. Leave the Property in the same condition as it was at check in. 2. Be financially responsible for unwarranted or unneeded service calls and service calls caused by the Renter’s misuse of the Property, 3. Report any and all problems to PLRS immediately, 4. Do not enter Property Owner’s private storage spaces, 5. Abide by occupancy limits of the Property at all times.
17. DEPARTURE: Failure to follow check-out rules will lead to additional charges.
18. PETS: Pets are allowed in or on the Property. A maximum of two pets are allowed and pet owners are asked to clean up after their pets. Disposable bags are placed throughout the property for cleanup. Failure to clean up after your pet will result in a Violation and will result in an agreed one hundred dollars ($100.00) fine.
19. NO SMOKING: Smoking is NOT ALLOWED inside the Property. When in violation of the smoking policy, Renter agrees to pay all costs associated with cleaning to remove smoke odors and any losses incurred by Property Owner and/or PLRS, including an agreed five hundred dollar ($500.00) liquidated damages award to PLRS and Property Owner. Any smoking is to be done outside and if Renter(s) or any of Renter(s)’ guests or visitors have smoked, please dispose of cigarette/cigar butts properly. An additional Twenty-Five Dollar ($25.00) clean-up fee may be charged if cigarette /cigar butts are found lying on sidewalks, lawn, and surrounding landscaping.
20. DURATION OF STAY/HOLIDAYS: There is a 2 night minimum stay for Summer and the following holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Easter Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
22. LEGALLY BINDING: The Renter agrees to abide by and fulfill all parts of This Agreement, all additional policies, rules, regulations and addenda to This Agreement, and furthermore agrees that This Agreement is a legally binding contract, either in whole or in part. If the Renter does not understand any portion of This Agreement, the Renter should consult the Renter’s attorney. All parties agree that in the event of a dispute, This Agreement will be interpreted in accordance with Florida State Law. Where liquidated damages are provided for in This Agreement, the Renter(s) acknowledge that actual damages are incapable of accurate estimation and that the amount of the liquidated damages represents a reasonable endeavor to fix fair compensation and is not disproportionate to actual damages.
23. ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS UPON DISPUTE: Should PLRS be forced to employ legal counsel, litigation, or professional collection services in the enforcement of This Agreement, of which, creates mutual obligations to provide services and payment therefor, the Renter shall be responsible for all associated costs including attorney fees. In the event of a lawsuit or other legal proceeding, all parties agree that such actions shall be held in the venue of Collier County, FL and that as aforementioned, the prevailing party in any such action shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and other reasonable costs incurred in connection therewith.